headerText

Me and My Selves: August. Lola. Charlie. Margot.

Logo Header

Jul 7, 2014

Cilantro Lime Chicken



When To Use This Recipe
1. When you are in need of a healthy recipe to make. Perhaps you want to balance out last weeks McDonald's binge. They need to just go ahead and stop that $10 family box if they haven't already. Folks are out here getting that just for themselves. 

2. Either forgot to marinate chicken in advance or you just got caught up in a project or something and its dinner time all of a sudden. 

3. Just looking for a simple chicken recipe to add with any other sides you might have in your kitchen at the time.




What You'll Need
3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
Lime Juice
4 Garlic Cloves
Olive Oil
Cumin
Salt
Cayenne Pepper

What You'll Do
1. Prep: Chop up cilantro and mince garlic, set aside. During prep, I have already defrosted my chicken breasts, as it's usually frozen. (I usually like to marinate my chicken with whatever is available in some way before cooking. But sometimes I don't have the time for a full marinade session.) Chop chicken into chunks.

2. Oil your skillet so that the bottom is covered lightly and heat up your stove top to medium-high heat. Let it get hot. 



3. Add chicken to the skillet, cook on one side until browned as you generously sprinkle cumin and cayenne pepper on the top half of the chicken. I also add salt over everything. Once the side browning can easily lift from the surface of the pan (I judge by looking for half of the chicken to be white) flip over to the other side. 










 
4. Let chicken cook on the other side while you add the garlic followed by splashing about 3 tablespoons of lime juice over the chicken. I don't measure usually. 



5. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for a couple minutes. As it's finishing up cooking, stir around the  pan browning to make sure all the flavor is spread on both sides.

6. Transfer chicken to plate and add cilantro. 



This recipe is an option for when I have to cook my husband a healthy meal, because he is currently adhering to a particular workout routine which couples with a diet lower in fats. This is really quick and simple, and that's the main reason I like this. 




The natural flavors of fresh cilantro, tart lime and distinctive spice help add quick flavor without an official pre-marination session. As much as I love to marinate, unfortunately I just don't have the time to do so if I am caught up working on a project. 

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment